10.12.2009

Here's the thing

Everyone says I'll miss the kicks once I've had the baby. I'm not so sure that's true. This kid never stops moving. And sometimes the kicks are so large my whole body moves from them. Maybe I will miss them, but I have a feeling that I'm going to be more like my sister in law Liz who loved feeling like her body was her own again. I can't be certain, but I think it might go that way. But I have a hard time believing anyone could miss being kicked this much. Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY happy he kicks this much. It saves me the trouble of having to count and I know he's strong and healthy. It's just so funny how much he kicks. Anything that touches my stomach for more than 2 seconds he will kick. He's not the type to shy away, you touch his area and he kicks you away. People keep asking me if I have felt him have the hiccups to which I respond I doubt I could tell if he did or not. They always say I'd be able to tell the difference between regular movements and hiccups. I told them he moves all the time and does consistent rhythms. No one believed me. But during the kidney stone business they were monitoring him, he got the hiccups. And guess what people I was right it just felt like his regular movements. The only way the nurse was able to tell the difference was because it wasn't him hitting the monitor. My favorite of his kick is when I have the laptop on my stomach and he hits it. It's so funny to me to see the laptop moving up and down. Tron pictures him being an angry little guy kicking anything that invades his space. I more picture him being annoyed that anything is coming close to making his already small space smaller. I think the best example of this is every time I suck in my stomach or flex (which isn't very much, but it's something) it feels like he puts his feet on my back and spreads out as much as he can just to get back at me.

Also, I know a lot of people who hate it when people touch their stomachs while they're pregnant. I don't care. Perhaps it's because everyone touches my stomach. Or perhaps it's because I don't really feel like it's my body anymore. And if it's not my body what do I care?

5 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

I"m right there with you Michelle. Kenzi moved so much people across the room could see my stomach moving. Yes, it was nice because I knew she was thriving, but also annoying at the same time! Did I miss it? Not a single time. I think those people are crazy!

Fausett Family said...

My family and I had almost the same conversation about missing the baby. I love that I'm pregnant but hate feeling sick all of the time... to where i cannot enjoy it. :) it will be nice to have the body back and a cute little baby!

The Dahls said...

It sounds like your little one might be like Beckam! He moved sooo much that it was embarrassing sometimes. My tummy would move and morph and people would stare...but I did miss it once he was out. It gave me a glimpse of how he would be on the outisde though! He's the same way, never stops moving. So heads up. :)

Unused Account said...

Dude. I soooo HATE the kicks when I get further along.

Sometimes I would count them and keep track so I knew how many spanks to delivery after the baby was born.

Of course, I never went throigh with it, but somehow it helped just to think about it.

"All you need is love" said...

I don't like baby hiccups. It's like when someone taps on your forehead at regular intervals and it doesn't stop!! I am happy to house a child, but they are definatley my 'pearls of GREAT price'