12.26.2009

Say Hello to My Little Friend

Oliver Tron Arnold
Born 12/18/2009 at 8:15 P.M.
9 lbs 9 oz
20.5 inches
Dark Brown Hair
Dark Blue Eyes
Tron thinks he gets all his features from me...which may or may not be true
He has sideburns which are definitely from Tron

So, I was a week and a day overdue. People kept saying that maybe the due date was off and what not. This my friends was not the case. He was just content to chill there. He was definitely overcooked. I mean come on 9.9! That's a big baby for someone who is not a big lady. They had us come in at 7:15 on the morning of the 18th. They broke my water at 8:30. I had a few little contractions, but nothing too bad. Then I got the epidural at around 10:30 or 11:00 which was AWESOME! I could move my legs and had control of them, but could feel nothing in the place that counted. Plus, getting it was not as bad as everyone makes it seem. I was horrified that they were going to stick a huge needle in my spine. When really they only use a tiny little bit of the needle. It's only long so they have a handle to control where it goes. Anyways, I was in active labor for about 4 hours, but didn't feel any of it. I mostly just slept and laughed. The nurse said I was her best patient and they could hear me from the hall and wondered what I was laughing about. (Yes, I'm very aware I have a loud laugh) After I was fully dilated they had me wait for an hour before starting to push. To give me energy, but it's not like I was doing much other than sleeping before hand. Then the pushing started and after a while the nurses changed and this nurse checks me and informs me that my bone structure is really small and that's why the pushing was taking so long. Here I was thinking oh man I must suck at this game. All in all I pushed for 2 and a half hours. He finally got there and we realized oh no I rock at this game most woman would have had to get a c- section. (which sometimes seems more appealing)

Anyhow, he's here now and we are so happy. He's so small and cute I can't help but want to squeeze him.










































9 comments:

Ellie said...

Oh my gosh Michelle! He's adorable!!!!! Love his little face! And goodness...what a big boy!

Heather said...

Congratulations you three! Oh man he is the cutest little thing. I'm so happy for you.

The Viewer said...

Congratulations! HOoray I'm so happy for you guys

Fausett Family said...

Cute baby!! I'm soo happy for you!! ;) he is such a cute little guy!!

Jessica said...

congrats you guys! he is so sweet..

Emily Scothern said...

Darling Michelle!!! What a cutie! I can't wait to squeeze him myself! Congrats to you both.

"All you need is love" said...

I am so thrilled you named him Oliver, what an adorable name! I am guessing by the fact that you had to wait an hour to push, that you delivered in Logan. I have not heard of anywhere else that they make you do that.
Congrats on the baby, he does look like you. what a sweetie.
p

Hoenes Family said...

Oh what a little sweety! I am glad you had such a good experience! You do rock! That is a big baby! Funny that Jana would mention delivering in Logan and making you wait an hour to push because I delivered Kenzi is Logan and they made me wait an hour to push too!

jasmine bailey-barfuss said...

Oh my gosh, he is soooo beautiful! Congratulations! I hope all is going well (I can't believe a nine pound baby was hiding in you!!!!) I just uploaded some of your reception pics to my blog (www.glooart.com )

Congratulations again! He looks like he has your lips!!